We are very proud of this coverage in the Media Monkey section of Media Guardian, for our work on the online PR campaign for ‘NO’. It even gives Way To Blue a shout out!
Movies At The Big Game
Way To Blue is a global communications agency, specialising in Social and PR for the Entertainment Industry. Following the Superbowl yesterday, we analysed all English-language Twitter conversations about the film trailers created for the ad breaks this year, to see which trailers had the biggest impact and influence. Insights:
- All trailers generated a huge amount of Twitter conversation. With around two tweets a second throughout Big Game Day
- Fast and Furious 6 generated the highest level of social buzz and the highest increase of people stating they intended to watch the film after seeing the trailer.
- All trailers lead to an increase in people saying they wanted to watch the movies and an increase in the volume of Facebook fans on the official film pages. Many of the ads included Twitter hashtags. Fast and Furious 6 and Iron Man 3 ads included a Facebook call to action.
The small print – our methodology
We used Sysomos and Topsy to aggregated and analyze Twitter conversation and compared data on game day to that of the previous day. Buzz volumes were calculated as a straight comparison of game day to that of the previous day; sentiment represents a percentage of all Twitter conversation that indicated a positive, negative or neutral inclination on Game Day; Propensity To View represents the percentage growth in conversations indicating a propensity to view each film from Game Day compared to the previous day, Facebook fan growth represents the increase of Likes each film page received on game day to that of the previous day. We’ve also added a gender breakdown.
Click here for the full image
An infographic showing which films tweeters are most willing on to win this year and which films are most talked about:
- Midnight in Paris has the most vocal of fans with 19.2% of its total tweets in the past week expressing supporting sentiment for it to win at this year’s Oscars.
- The Artist dominating share of tweets might not be surprising. It is Hugo’s buzz position which is seemingly high considering it has the least support of tweets willing it on for honours.
The most romantic characters in film and TV. Leo in The Vow….has it all too.
Check out this 3D infographic of famous movie phalluses we’ve made on the Total Film tumblr:
Movie Penises Infographic
Exclusive chart to celebrate the release of Sex And Zen 3D, out now on (old school 3D) DVD. Artwork by TOE + BEE
A brand new ‘infographic’ of facts and stats from the SAW series all in one place. A bit of fun to celebrate the 7th and last film (SAW: The Final Chapter) coming out this week in the UK on DVD and 3D Blu-ray!
SAW Series 1-7 Infographic to celebrate the release of the SAW: The Final Chapter on DVD.
Battle: LA movie elements infographic
Twilight Saga: Eclipse won the Foursquare cinema check-in battle of 2010 (according to US release dates).
Infographic - pimped out rides from the movies. Something we’ve knocked up as a chronological look at our favourites.